Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:22:41 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        founder.fang@philips.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to receive root mail by outlook express?

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:14:04 +0800
founder.fang@philips.com wrote:

>      i am running a freebsd 4.5 box, everyday the system send many mail
>      to root account. i can read this mail before my server console, but
>      i can't receive them in outlook express.

 Check your /etc/mail/aliases file. If you have a regular account, send
mail to root to you instead... then of course, you'd have outlook checking
your personal account.

 So:

cd /etc/mail
ee aliases

find root: and put yourusername to the right of it

ESC, exit, save.

type:  newaliases   to rebuild the aliases db.

Gerry--
Web Hosting / Domain Hosting / DNS Services
at http://www.interpool.ca