Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:59:52 +0100
From:      Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
To:        freebsd-cluster <freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sharing files within a cluster

Greetings,

I have looking into the porting efforts of the project.  They are very
close to the
beginning of developement, rather than near the end. I have said a few
times that
a goal of the development I am doing  (with welcomes to any volunteers!)
would be
to this end.  However I believe architecturally that the compaq
solution is bloated and offers far too many opportunitys for disaster.
 I still regard the
KISS principle as the best one.   I think that there are *many* nice
things within FreeBSD
that would not be properly utilized if it was just a straight port.  Not
only that there
are some significan pieces missing that I have already implemented in
this code.

There was once MOSIX and it is more on the model that I am looking at,
with some
dynamic features added.  I am nearing (finally!) the completion of the
architectural
overview that I will be releasing around the first of the year to lay
out a concrete plan
on how to arrive at this point we all would like to see.  Hopefully then
there will be
some volunteers that would want to help to this goal, otherwise people
will still be
knashing their teeth and wailing outside of the walls.

Let's here from some volunteers now ;-)

Andy