Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 14:10:11 -0500
From:      Bob <bob@aol.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   oops....

I just sent you a message, and I don't think that I have my E-Mail
address set correctly in this browser!

	PLEASE redirect the response to:  mailto:chert@dungeon.cirr.com

	Thanks,
		-Chert

Original message follows:

I have a question about the ports collection.  What is the point?
I've tried to get 'hylafax' from the system, and do a make, and
it gives me the following:

> >> hylafax-v3.0pl0-tar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system.
> >> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/source/
>  For information about Silicon Graphics, please call (415) 960-1980.
>  The Silicon Graphics World Wide Web site is at http://www.sgi.com/
>  For information concerning this machine, send mail to postmaster@sgi.sgi.com
> /sgi/fax/source/hylafax-v3.0pl0-tar.gz: No such file.
> >> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/po rts/distfiles/
> /pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/distfiles/hylafax-v3.0pl0-tar.gz: No such file.
> >> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retreive this
> >> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles and try again.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

        So, given that yet another 'port' is missing the distrubution
file, why
have the port retrained on the system?  I'm running less that 50%
success with the
ports (because I assume, when a new version comes out the old version
gets tossed in
the garbage, but the port is kept around so people can download it and
get pissed..)

        I guess the real question is, Where can I get HylaFax for Free
BSD?

        Thanks,
                -Chert
--