Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 06:39:18 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Jon Rust" <jpr@vcnet.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: BIND denied update logging

Do't bomb Redmond - dyDNS was an IETF baby before MS decided
to use it.  Frankly it's completely stupid because by the time
that the changed DNS record propagates to the rest of the
Internet, the dynamic system has finished it's session and disconnected.

(Whenever I point that out to dyDNS people, they tell me that
dyDNS is only supposed to be used for internal DNS only - of course
this is usually after 5 minutes of listening to them expound on the
virtues of dyDNS for the Internet)