Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:51:21 +0000
From:      "Bo Xiao" <boxiao63@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Slow networking with sis0

Hi,

I am using 4.7 release on a XP1900+ with
ECS K7S5A which has a SiS 735 chipset.

The onboard ethernet appears to be working
but very slow. I can ping out. Telnet in
works but it is hanged after a while and
dropped eventaully. CVSup runs overnight
still not done, but it does make progress.

ifconfig tells me autoselect with 10baseT
as current which is correct. The flag is
8843.

Same slowness was not observed under Windows.

Has anyone experienced the similar?

Thanks for help.

Bo Xiao