Date:      Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:04:40 -0500
From:      Jody Franklin <franklin@jfranklin.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OSS SBLive driver causes kernel panic with 5.0 current

I'd been keeping up with current (world/kernel) every other week or so,
and until this week I had no real problems. But after the build I did on
March 3rd my soundcard driver (4Front's SBLive/Audigy driver) causes a
kernel panic on load. If I don't load the driver the system boots fine,
and runs with no other problems.

This is the message I get from the debugger when I load the driver:

panic: Invalid major (-1030904368) in make_dev

I've posted this info to their support forums also, their last responce
was to "see what they broke".

Jody