Date:      Fri, 2 Sep 2016 06:39:14 +0800
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        Antonio Vieiro <antonio@vieiro.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 11.0-RC2 defaultrouter not working with wifi+wpa+static ip

On Thursday, 1 September 2016, Antonio Vieiro <antonio@vieiro.net> wrote:

> P.S.:
>
> While testing 11.0 with a boot disk, I noted that immediately after boot
> =E2=80=9Cath0=E2=80=9D did not get listed in ifconfig (re0, my ethernet c=
ard, did get
> listed). I could run =E2=80=9Cifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ath0=E2=80=9D=
 to create wlan0,
> though.

Not sure about your defaultrouter issue, but as for this after note
regarding wireless adapters not displaying in ifconfig before their wlan
cloned device is created, this is the expected behaviour in FreeBSD 11.

It was changed with commit r287197:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D287197

The new way to show which wireless adapter is available is:
% sysctl net.wlan.devices

The configuration in /etc/rc.conf required to activate a wireless adapter
has not changed.

Regards,
Ben

--=20