Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:38:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Brodzniski <jrbrodzinski@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   rsync mirroring question

Hello,

I was thinking of using rsync for mirroring my IF
firewall to a machine with the same set up and my
apache server to a machine with the same setup.

I have heard that you can use ash with to send pull
files via async from another machine. Is this wise?; I
would most likely have to open up port 873 tap on my
firewall internally as I'm not sure if async can log
into the machine via ash or if it needs it's own port
open.

The mirroring would involve my firewall con fig on the
firewall box.&NBS; All apache virtual directories,
user home directories and Apache con fig on the web
server.

Has anybody been burnt by this type of setup?

-John