Date:      Wed, 16 May 2012 14:51:27 -0400
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running OS tftp vs. pxeboot tftp

Thanks for your feedback.  I agree that separating the networks and
isolating the build network thus eliminating the need for VLAN tagging
is the ideal scenario.  Unfortunately, influencing those changes are
beyond my sphere of influence in this particular case.

At the end of the day, our solution was to replace pxeboot.bs with
Grub2pxe.  I have a blog post detailing the scenario at
https://hostileadmin.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/pxe-booting-into-a-freebsd-in=
stallation/

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Erik N=F8rgaard <norgaard@locolomo.org> wr=
ote: