Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2010 13:45:39 -0600
From:      Dan Allen <danallen46@airwired.net>
To:        Sergey Kandaurov <pluknet@gmail.com>, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 18

On 3 Nov 2010, at 2:18 AM, Sergey Kandaurov wrote:

> +       if (cpu_logical =3D=3D 0)
> +               cpu_logical =3D 1;        /* XXX max_logical? */
>        cpu_cores /=3D cpu_logical;
>        hyperthreading_cpus =3D cpu_logical;

My machine contains an Intel Core Duo, not a Core 2 Duo.  However, both =
machines have 2 logical CPUs.  Perhaps the bug is not handling a Core =
Duo properly.

I just sync'd with csup's date command as Jeremy suggested.  It is =
building right now.  We'll see if a 2010.10.28.06.00.00 GMT system has =
the problem.  I doubt it does.  I think this Intel logical CPU code =
business is probably the culprit.

It is hard to believe that I am the only one with a Core Duo machine =
finding this problem!

More in a bit...

Dan