Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:07:30 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Alain Wolf <wolf@k18.ch>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bacula FD with FreeBSD Jails

On 14 Nov 2006 at 21:59, Alain Wolf wrote:

> Hello Bacula Users
>
> We run FreeBSD with some Jails, all of them (jails and host system) run
> Bacula-FD.
>
> Our problme now is ...
>
> bacula-fd refuses to start on the host system after booting or when
> called manually by /usr/local/etc/rc.d/bacula-fd.sh
> with the following error:
>
> Local package initialization:
> bacula_fd already running? (pid=644 820 993 1170 1344 1554 1886 2099).
>
> The PIDs it complains about are the ones of the bacula-fd processes
> already running in the jails.
>
> We use the FreeBSD ports version 1.38.11_1 on FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p15

I would approach this from a conflict point of view.  Configure
bacula-fd in the host system to listen only on the IP address it
should listen to.  It sounds like it is trying to listen on all your
IP addresses (e.g. aliases).  The bacula-fd configuration file can
specify the IP address.

Hope that helps

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php