Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 19:08:46 EDT
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gcc 2.7.2-compiled kernel

> > > It would work if you really used the default cpp.  Don't install gcc's cpp
> > > anywhere in the path.
> >
> > I've tried that.. I still get the same errors. :(
> >
> > Rob
> >

> Hmmm...I installed (at least) 2.7.1 on freebsd...I'm compiling
> the  2.1 kernel without problems (maybe its 2.7.2).

I reported here last week that I had no problems with a 2.7.2 compiled
kernel, but 2.7.2 isn't good enough for X. Dunno what broke, and no time
to figure out what either. I'll try again with whatever comes out next,
but in the mean time X compiled with 2.6.3 works, so I've uninstalled
2.7.2, and suggest that you do the same.

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY
X Consortium