Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:25:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org (Questions FreeBSD)
Subject:   Xircom PCMCIA ethernet+modem card

Hi,
	I have a HP Omnibook that I'm installing 2.2.2 on. and I'm
trying to get the modem working on the Xircom combo-card. (It wasn't my
choice!).

	Reading the pccard.conf I see that ethernet isn't available
for the card. That's fine. But when the card is inserted (or at boot),
I get:
Sep 22 08:55:00 fievel cardd[42]: drvier allocation failed for Xircom.

Under debug mode, I get:
Card inserted, slot 0
Code 136 not found
Code 136 not found
code Unknown ignored
code Manufacturer ID ignored
cardd: driver allocation failed for Xircom

--
I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journeywork of the stars.
                                      --Walt Whitman