Date:      Sun, 5 May 1996 13:25:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        ABaro3000@aol.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org (freeq)
Subject:   Re: install on a notebook

ABaro3000@aol.com wrote...
> Hello freebsd team
>
> i want install freebsd on my notebook. I startet the bootdisk in the floppy
> and after a while it breaks down and the pc beginns to boot again. Can
> freebsd work on a
> notebook or is there something wrong with my notebook ?
>
> Greetings
>
> Andreas

Yes, FreeBSD does run successfully on many notebooks.  We need MUCH more
information in order to be able to help, start with -

Version of FreeBSD you are trying to install,

What you see on the screen during the boot process

Model of notebook, with amount of memory, video chipset (if known), amount
of disk, etc.

How you propose to do the installation (from DOS/nfs/FTP/CD-ROM...)

Regards,

John
--
Beavis and Butt-Head;  Vladimir and Estragon for the '90s.

finger jbrann@panix.com for pgp public key