Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 14:45:51 -0800
From:      Arun Sharma <arun.sharma@intel.com>
To:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Data corruption with SMP kernels ?

Yes, I know - SMP kernels are unsupported :) I was just wondering if
these problems are known and/or fixed in the development kernels that
were talked about on this list recently.

Any time I try to run a heavy compilation job, I get:

# cd /usr/src/sys/ia64/compile/xxx
# make -j4 kernel
[...]
../../../cam/cam_queue.c:82: Internal compiler error in rtx_needs_barrier, at config/ia64/ia64.c:4685
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>; for instructions.
*** Error code 1
1 error

Single threaded compilation (without -j4) is mostly fine, but
occassionally results in the above error message (Especially compiling
large C files that make up gcc itself).

This one is a 2 cpu Itanium box. Interestingly, the box never panics
outright.

	-Arun