Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:45:23 -0500
From:      Rob Zietlow <Zietlow@berbee.com>
To:        Questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Lowlevel format

Anyone familar with a utility that will perform a low level format on a hard
disk before an install?  I believe that I am having issues with my hard disk
and I would like to give this a try. 5 times I have installed and gotten 5
different sefaults when I try to run make buildworld, but install make
buildworld works fine on another spare computer around the house, so I am
pretty sure it isn't anything with cvsup.

I did a search on google and only found things for making low level
formatting a floppy disk, or utilities to make a disk in windows.   Any help
would be appreciated.

Rob