Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2020 09:50:58 +0000
From:      Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com>
To:        Ihor Antonov <ihor@antonovs.family>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysctl and /sysfs

On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 at 07:49, Ihor Antonov <ihor@antonovs.family> wrote:

> And I must say, Benno has a point. FreeBSD definitely lacks something like
> systemd (and I want to stress "like", not "exactly" )

As a Linux user, who uses the *BSDs every now and again, I think the
rc.d framework  is _the_ selling point. I've been looking for a Linux
distro with a drop-in replacement of BSD init for ages, but I haven't
found it. Arch, Gentoo and Slackware get very close, but not quite
enough.

http://www.mewburn.net/luke/papers/rc.d.pdf

--
Ottavio Caruso