Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:59:54 +0200
From:      "Dave" <dave@reason.za.org>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   IDS

Hello,
    I have been using snort for some time now and I stumbled across a
program named Hogwash (http://hogwash.sourceforge.org) which uses the snort
base to detect possible intrusion, but then DROPS the packet if it matches a
ruleset. E.g. Code red can just be dropped instead of blocking port 80.

This seems like a very good idea to me however hogwash is a linux program.
Can anyone perhaps recommend another program and/or method to do this.

Thanks in advance,
--Dave.