Date:      Wed, 09 Jan 2019 20:16:32 +1100
From:      Duncan Bayne <duncan@bayne.id.au>
To:        Gleb Popov <arrowd@freebsd.org>
Cc:        haskell@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to build git-annex

Gleb Popov writes:

> This is indeed our problem. It is described here
> https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/issues/3515 and should have
> even be fixed in stack 1.9.3, but unfortunately I didn't ask for merge
> into stable branch. So, if you use development stack version, you
> should be able to build git-annex successfully.
>
> Another solution is to just wait a little bit more - I'm converting
> the way our hs-ports are built by switching to new-cabal
> machinery. This would allow us to drop much of hs-* ports and build
> Haskell applications much faster.

Thanks - I think I'll wait, for now, as the only thing I'm blocked on is
deploying my personal website.

I'll update the git-annex issue, too, in case anyone else runs into this
problem in the meantime.

Thanks for the info, and your prompt response :)

--
Duncan Bayne
+61 420 817 082 | https://duncan.bayne.id.au/

I usually check my mail every 24 - 48 hours.  If there's something
urgent going on, please send me an SMS or call me.