Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 12:04:24 +0100
From:      Jos Backus <J.G.E.Backus@urc.tue.nl>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   de driver && DS 21143 works on -stable but not -current!?

	Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed the latest committed NetBSD de driver, but it
still does't work with this Ethernet controller in 10Mbit/UTP mode. The
version in -stable, however, does.

Questions: Would anyone have any idea how to go about porting the -stable
driver to -current? How would I start enabling diagnostics in the -current de
driver in order to find out why it isn't working (and the -stable one is).

Then again, as quite a few things have changed between -stable and -current in
the surrounding environment (the -stable driver gives a bunch of errors), the
problem may not be in the driver per se :-/

I'd really like to get this to work so I can ditch Windows :-)

Thanks,
--
Jos Backus                     _/  _/_/_/        "Reliability means never
                              _/  _/   _/         having to say you're sorry."