Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 23:07:01 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        qmail@list.cr.yp.to, fbsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MORE: Whats this PS message mean?>QMail  on F..ree B..ut S..o D..ifficult

Hi all,I seem to constantly run up against brick walls
with FBSD. I have to get a medal for persistence I
reckon!
Folks I am trying to install qmail. I have followed
one of the many howtos around (Lifewithqmail).
When qmail autostarts from the rc script etc a ps -ax
yields this...
 snip  8< ................
116 ?? S 0:1:56 readproctitle service errors:
...\nenv: qmail-start:

What's this process error mean. How can I fix it (if
in fact its broken?)
Looks like qmail-send isn't working or is it?
It is supposed to be UP for > 1 second.
I would really appreciate help here. As usual I have
no clue. I am trying but the FreeBSD learning curve is
VERY steep :(
Thanks
Keith Spencer

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au Auctions