Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:19:51 -0700
From:      Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
To:        David Loszewski <lists@bsdadmins.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IMAP stealing mail??

On Sunday, Jul 13, 2003, at 21:04 US/Pacific, David Loszewski wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 07:19, Scott Mitchell wrote:

At a guess I suspect there's confusion between the IMAP and non-IMAP
clients as to where the mail spool is and who owns it.  The UW-IMAP
server will, by default, take the mail from the spool and put it in the
user directory as an mbox file - but it can be doing a lot of different
things.

Just a thought.  FYI - I use UW-IMAP, and successfully access my mail
from Squirrelmail, pine, OS X's Mail program, and Outlook Express,
depending on what computer I'm on.  All works as one would hope WRT new
messages showing as new, deleted messages ending up in the right
folder, etc.  So it *can* work.

KeS