Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:54:29 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Support for Syba pci multi i/o card?

Does anyone know of patches or something to support these cards? The cards
that I have is by Syba Tech and is a 4 x serial and 2 x parallel port pci
card. It has 2 winbond W83877TF 2 x serial + 1 x parallel port "superio"
chips and some pci glue. The card has 0x400 bytes of io space, as big as
the isa io area. Also from what I understand they all share one interrupt.

FreeBSD probes it like this:
found-> vendor=0x1592, dev=0x0781, revid=0x92
        bus=0, slot=8, func=0
        class=07-81-15, hdrtype=0x00, mfdev=0
        subordinatebus=0        secondarybus=0
        intpin=a, irq=15
        map[10]: type 4, range 32, base 00006000, size 10, enabled

If there aren't any patches I might look at adding support for it. Probably
only the serial ports, because that is what I need. I would like some advice
on how to do it though. I had a look at the sio driver and it has support
for a few pci cards, but it looks like they are single serial port cards
and not dual or quad. So how should I go about getting the sio probe and
attach to do more than one serial port per pci card?

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za