Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:20:58 -0700
From:      Sean Harding <sharding@gutenberg.uoregon.edu>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        heller@cdnow.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-stable on Virtual PC

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Mike Smith wrote:

> emulation was found (and extremely promptly fixed).  If your VPC is up
> to date (including all the fixes from Connectix) you should have no
> trouble at all running FreeBSD.

Unfortunately, this turns out to be untrue. No one I know has actually
been able to get it working (I've tried it with the newest release of VPC
and BSD 2.2.1-2.2.6). It always crashes in the same spot...

Recently at least three other people have happened to ask about this
(mostly on -questions) and they all seem to have the same problem too...

Sean

--
Sean Harding sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu|"It's not a habit, it's cool.
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~sharding/ | I feel alive."