Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:33:30 -0400
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        goole blowfish <g.blowfish@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does any verson of Freebsd includes the apache package?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 09:54:07AM +0800, goole blowfish wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I have download the freebsd FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE.
>
> When I install, I can't find the apache package in this installtion package.
>

> Does any verson of Freebsd includes the apache package?

First, learn about the FreeBSD ports system from the online handbook
or other documentation or books about FreeBSD.

Then, go to /usr/local/ports/www/apache22
      type  make
            make install

You might also want to run a make configure before the first make
but I used the defaults and didn't need to.

After you do the make install,
then edit the /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf  file to
set up  your web site[s] configuration[s].

Finally, go to /usr/local/etc/rc.d and make sure  apache22.sh
has execute permission.    (in the most recent versions it might
not have the '.sh' on it).

Then Apache will start at boot.
You can manually start it with    'apachectl start'
or stop it with 'apachectl stop'

Note, that in FreeBSD almost everything beyond the basic OS is
in the ports and generally can be installed by doing a make make install.

////jerry