Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2001 00:09:51 -0400
From:      Graywane <graywane@home.com>
To:        "Michael O'Henly" <michael@tenzo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A Mystery: How to deinstall XFree86?

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 08:52:15PM -0700, Michael O'Henly wrote:
> Why doesn't going to /usr/ports/x11/XFree86 and entering "make deinstall"=
 do=20
> what I want? Instead I get a message saying that XFree86-3.3.6_4 is not=
=20
> installed. Same thing when I do "pkg_delete XFree86-3.3.6_4". (I also tri=
ed=20
> every variation on the name I could think of.)

The packages "installed" on your system are listed in "/var/db/pkg". If you
see an entry for XFree86 in that directory then just use the pkg_delete
command on the name of the associated package. If you do not see an entry
for XFree86 in that directory then your only alternative is to remove it by
hand. If you don't mind rebuilding all of your ports (which you will
probably do anyway) then uninstall all of the X related ports and then=20
"rm -fr /usr/X11R6" to blow away the X directory.

--=20
Note: See http://www.members.home.net/graywane/ for PGP information.

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V--