Date:      Sun, 3 Jan 2016 23:35:50 +0000
From:      Paul Chakravarti <paul.chakravarti@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   [jail] Killing login process in jail causes BEL stream in host terminal

Hello,

I am having a slightly strange problem trying to kill a login process in =
a jail.=20

I have a jail running (10.2 host/jail) and am logging on from the host =
system using:

  # jexec <jid> login -f root

If however I then try to kill that login process from another session on =
the host using:

  # jexec <jid> pkill login

the login process is killed but I end up getting a continuous stream of =
BEL characters on the host terminal (about every 0.5s) and the terminal =
session becomes unresponsive and needs to be killed.=20

I dont get this problem if I just run =E2=80=98sh -=E2=80=98 (or =E2=80=98=
tcsh -l=E2=80=99) directly rather than login.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Paul   =20=