Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:37:01 +0200
From:      Felix Kronlage <fkr@grummel.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multimedia Applications and VMWare 2

Hi,

running multimedia-Applications (RealPlayer, WinAmp) in the VMWare2 on my
RELENG_4 box I noticed that if the System is doing some file I/O (reading of
the cd-rom) or net I/O (receiving a RealPlayer Stream for example) the Audio
Output is messed up in the way, that every x-seconds a break in the audio-Stream
occurs. (Basically same effect as if one turns of the rtc within VMWare).

Is this behavior "normal" for VMWare2 on a RELENG_4? (or are there any hints
on how to improve performance?)

-fkr
--
gpg-fingerprint: 076E 1E87 3E05 1C7F B1A0  8A48 0D31 9BD3 D9AC 74D0
|Felix Kronlage                | whois -h whois.ripe.net FKR-RIPE |