Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:21:53 -0600
From:      Ken Gunderson <kgunders@hpb50341.boi.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   intel etherexpress pro and fxp status??

Greets All:

during the 4.6rc era i recall there were issues with intel ether
pro and fxp drivers, particularly with smp boxes.  Searching
pr's i note there are numerous open issues as well.  in the past
the fbsd nic mantra has always been "intel ether express".  Is
such still the case with the 82559 based nics (e.g. pila 8460),
or should I be looking elsewhere? Note that one of my boxes is a
dual pii 450 on a bx board.

Please cc, as I am no longer subscribed to the list (thanks to
the phb's)

--

Regards,

Ken Gunderson (non-HP)