Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:21:04 -0400
From:      Paul Kraus <paul@kraus-haus.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Install OS from UDF for VBox

An additional bit of info =85 if I put the DVD in the drive and use the =
VBox passthrough driver I can install from the DVD. I do not have DVD =
drives on all the host systems though.

On Jun 30, 2015, at 11:49, Paul Kraus <paul@kraus-haus.org> wrote:

> Apologies if this is an answered question, but searching both online =
and my copies of this list have turned up nothing useful.
>=20
> I am running a number of VBox environments under FBSD and need to be =
able to install various OSes from ISO images that are UDF not =
9660+extensions. The specific ones I am running up against right now =
include:
>=20
> Ubunutu 14.04 LTS Server
> Windows 8.1 Pro=20
> Windows Server 2012 R2
>=20
> I am running FBSD 10.1 as current as possible for both OS and ports.
>=20
> VBox tosses an error when I try to add the ISO image to the =93CD=94 =
drive. The error is VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED and my research has led me to the =
conclusion that the problem is that these are UDF format ISO=92s (so =
that they may contain files larger than 2 GB). I also cannot mount the =
ISO under FBSD using mount_udf, so they are a newer version of UDF than =
mount_udf supports. I assume this is the crux of the issue VBox is =
having, the underlying OS does not have support for this version of the =
UDF spec.
>=20
> Am I missing something obvious, like a port to add that support (I =
tried sysutils/udfclient with no luck as well), or is this just a =
feature that has not been added to FBSD (yet) ?

--
Paul Kraus
paul@kraus-haus.org