Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:47:29 -0500
From:      "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPFW

Hi all,

One of our mid-aged servers is running FBSD-4.7 RELEASE.

It is a productive server, with lots of clients on it.

I have recently activated ipfw, using Webmin as the front end to admin it.

Ipfw is up and running, seems OK, BUT I am getting many many of these logs:

/kernel: OUCH! cannot remove rule, count 2
Dec 18 05:41:01 excelsior /kernel: drop session, too many entries
Dec 18 05:41:01 excelsior /kernel: OUCH! cannot remove rule, count 1
Dec 18 05:41:01 excelsior /kernel: OUCH! cannot remove rule, count 2
Dec 18 05:41:01 excelsior /kernel: drop session, too many entries
Dec 18 05:41:01 excelsior /kernel: drop session, too many entries
Dec 18 05:41:02 excelsior /kernel: OUCH! cannot remove rule, count 1
Dec 18 05:41:02 excelsior /kernel: OUCH! cannot remove rule, count 2
Dec 18 05:41:02 excelsior /kernel: drop session, too many entries
Dec 18 05:41:02 excelsior last message repeated 2 times

Can someone explain, what these are, do they mean anything to me, are they
critical, and short of reloading a new OS, what can I do to get rid of them.
FYI As this is a production servers, I would prefer not to rebuild the whole
box, I have lots of proprietary tweaks built in.

TIA!

-Grant