Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2000 20:23:00 -0400
From:      Paul Chvostek <paul@it.ca>
To:        "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installing on a system without a monitor?

> Can someone please point me to any documentation, or give me any
> instructions on installing FBSD on a headless system? I also need to be
> able to access the bios on this machine, so that I can change some
> settings. Is this possible?

I have seen discussion of serial-configurable BIOS, but I've never heard
of a mainstream board manufacturer actually using it.

AFAIK, the only way to modify the BIOS via a serial interface is using
a Weasel.  Check out http://www.realweasel.com/ for more info.

--
  Paul Chvostek                                            <paul@it.ca>
  Operations / Development / Abuse / Whatever      vox: +1 416 598 0000