Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:42:22 +1000
From:      Mark Sergeant <msergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        Stephen Bader <steveb@mercury.jorsm.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unexpected softupdate inconsistency

--=-1X/aHgpEI9q/fuqYD0WC

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 01:10, Stephen Bader wrote:
> Just for my information if I ever run into this in the future, what do yo=
> mean by 'use vim on the dir entry'?
>=20

vim /usr/ports/editors/vim gives the following output ...

" Press ? for keyboard shortcuts
" Sorted by name (.bak,~,.o,.h,.info,.swp,.obj at end of list)
"=3D /usr/ports/editors/vim/
../
files/
Makefile
distinfo
pkg-descr
pkg-plist
~        =20

you are then able to edit the directory and what files it sees under
that directory (careful it's easy to break things). So for example if
the above included work/ which from an ls I can see is not there and a
rm -rf of /usr/ports/editors/vim was failing then you could edit
/usr/ports/editors/vim and remove the offending entry which should then
enable you to remove that directory (hope this isn't too confusing).

Cheers,

Mark