Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:23:29 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        klammer@webonaut.com, gnome@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it allow port to do the CVS checkout by itself?

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 01:40:57PM -0500, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> Hello franz,
>=20
> Yes, I am aware of those. What I am asking in the orignal question is=20
> that.. Is it allow to have "cvs checkout" in the Makefile? It means, ther=
e=20
> will be no checksum, but will checkout the very lastest stable version of=
=20
> VIM, patch lastest vim-gtk2 and install it. I seem to not able find this=
=20
> info in the handbook about CVS. Hope, I am not blind. (I forgot to cc por=
ts=20
> maillist..) :-)

You shouldn't do CVS checkouts to fetch the port.  Many people are
behind firewalls and cannot do this.  Instead, you could create a
'maintainer-fetch' target that performs the CVS fetch and creates a
tarball, which will be uploaded to a distribution site, so users will
fetch that instead.

Kris

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87--