Date:      Fri, 30 May 2008 15:08:25 +0200
From:      "Nicola Vitale" <nivit@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what do I do with python eggs?

Hi,

> [2008/5/28 Paul Chvostek <paul+fbsd@it.ca>]
> My pkg-plist contains three lines -- two scripts in ${PREFIX}/bin and
> the line quoted above, verbatim.  Yet, when I `make deinstall`, I get:
>
>  pkg_delete: cannot delete specified file '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twill-0.9-py2.5.egg' - it is a directory!
>  this packing list is incorrect - ignoring delete request

Take a look at http://nivi.interfree.it/shar/py-twill.shar .

I made that port one week ago, because it's a dependency of Elisa
(http://elisa.fluendo.com ).
By chance are we working on the same target? :)
Actually, I have the Elisa port and all its dependencies ready, though
only the time to test all is lacking.

Anyway, feel free to use that file and take the maintainership of
py-twill if you want.

Ciao.
--
Nicola Vitale