Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 2004 07:55:11 +0000
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tail tip to Fortune?

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 12:01:22AM -0600, Andrew L. Gould wrote:
> On Saturday 10 January 2004 07:39 pm, Andrew L. Gould wrote:
> > >
> > > tail +11 myfile
> >
> > Could we get this one into the Fortune tips that appear at user login?
> >
> > Andrew Gould
>
> Please disregard -- I figured out how to add my own fortune file.
FWIW you can do something like this:

fortune -m tail freebsd-tips

to display all tips in the freebsd-tips fortune file that contain
'tail'.

As it turns out there is this tip:

To see the last 10 lines of a long file, use "tail filename". To see the
first 10 lines, use "head filename".
          -- Dru <genesis@istar.ca>

which is almost what you're asking about :P

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer

http://munk.nu/