Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 1999 16:04:44 -0500
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sanity regained -- back with the best

Conrad Sabatier wrote:
> After trying running a Windows-only box for a while, and then making a brief
> foray into RedHat 6.0, I'm finally back where I belong.  I must have been out
> of my mind.  Had to be.

I think the coolest thing I have done so far was ripping CDs in windows
and saving the data on my 9G Barracuda hard drive down the LAN.
Actually, I was doing it through a full-duplex 100Mbit link between the
machines. Samba was only eating 30% of the CPU at the max. People tell
me I am easily impressed. I wonder why?

Later, after I pulled my calculator out and remembered that two 10Mbit
channels would have just as easily sufficed for the application, I gave
myself a big smack in the head. But it's cool to have a hard drive
connected over network. Especially a fast one (IDE SUCKS!).

--
Kris Kirby
<kris@airnet.net>