Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 07:31:05 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Uh oh .. I did a bad thing.. somehow I lost /var

Looks like you're going to have to reinstall.
There may be another way to recover, but I do not know of any.
You may try booting from the FreeBSD CD and telling it that you are
upgrading your system. I have never tried that, but it may work.

Remember the golden rule: Back up your data. I'ver learned my lesson. Er,
several times. ;-)