Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 2010 23:02:38 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk>
To:        Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Guruplug gpio

On Sunday 31 October 2010 00:17:51 Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:
> On 2010-10-30, at 10:00 AM, Milan Obuch wrote:

> >> As mentioned in another email, Marvell GPIO driver does not get hooks
> >> for the new framework, so this needs to be provided first before you'd
> >> be able to controll LEDs from userspace etc.
> >
> > I see. I am going to investigate how this could be done. I did some work
> > with GPIO based on some older work, so I just need to check the
> > infrastructure for GPIO (gpiobus, gpio properties etc).
>
>     Bear in mind that GPIO framework is work ing progress and its abilities
> are very limited at the moment. Feel free to send patches or feature
> requests

I copied parts of sys/mips/atheros, modified them and put into
sys/arm/mv/gpio.c, so I have now possibility to get/set gpio pins.

Pin description and setup is for now hardcoded in source. I would like to put
description/initialize/setup info into dts file, but I need good description
or (even better) working dts file with gpios property, so I can see how it is
intented to be done and modify the code.

Code needs some polishing as well, as a really quick hack it is not suitable
for review. As soon as I can clean it a bit, I would like to get it reviewed.
Before that, is there some FreeBSD gpio framework description available?

Regards,
Milan