Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2014 07:24:42 +0300
From:      Lena@lena.kiev.ua
To:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Subject:   Re: Firefox chokes up for several seconds... frequently

> From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>

> Since I last updated my ports a couple of weeks ago, the problem
> has gotten DRAMATICALLY worse.  Now Firefox is choking up frequently,
> and for perhaps 10-20 second each time, on virutally every web site
> that I visit.

Instead of update to 29, I switched to www/firefox-esr. I also use the
Flashblock extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashblock/

> here are some things that seem to be present on my
> system at the present time, and I do believe there is something
> that just isn't right here:
>
> % cd /usr/local/lib
> % find . -name libflashplayer.so | xargs ls -l

I have

-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  17422820 27 อมส 08:24 ./browser_plugins/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so

All the rest are obsolete and unused links I think.

~ # nspluginwrapper -l
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
  Original plugin: /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
  Plugin viewer: /usr/local/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer
  Wrapper version string: 1.4.4-1

> In section 7.2.1.2. (Firefox and Adobe?? Flash?? Plugin) of
> the above Handbook page, Step #3 says:
>
> # ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so \
>   /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/

Apparently obsolete.

> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: failed to initialize plugin-side RPC client connection

In about:config I have user-set (nonstandard) boolean variable
dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
with value "true".