Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:37:15 +0000
From:      fergus <fergus@cobbled.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inspiron 7500 vs x.org server

On 30.01-20:56, Julian Elischer wrote:
[ ... ]
> If anyone knows what the Linux "vga=793" or (whatever it is)
> kernel option does and whether there is somethign equivalent for freeBSD
> that would be interesting.

i expect this is setting the framebuffer mode on the xserver
and then using the framebuffer device in X - rather than the
native X driver.

you should try the framebuffer device or the VESA device.

p.s: i'm afraid i've not had much success with framebuffers in
BSD but vesa driver has worked for me a few times

--
: fergus cameron                :   [ .]        cobbled    :
: ^^^^^^@cobbled.net            : [ ~][ ]             .net :