Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:36:16 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Edmund Craske <edmund@m00is.net>
Cc:        'Eric Yellin' <eric@migvan.co.il>
Subject:   Re: problem with su

Edmund Craske wrote:

> [...]

Testing, one, two three.

I wrote (even having tested first) something
similar to the list almost 3 hours ago.  As it
hasn't shown up yet (mailman seems fine, is my
DNS down again?) we'll try again:
"Seems a tad unusual.  Don't know if I can help,
but can you give me some info?

a. What is root's "shell" entry in /etc/passwd?

b.  From whence do you set your "normal" prompt?  /~/.cshrc?

If the machine is not used by others, a quick
workaround might be to simply copy your .cshrc
to /root/ and simply use "su".  But it does seem
a tad weird that "su -m" seems to be reading some
other resource file...or else my understanding of
"-m" is broken, which is entirely possible. "

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.