Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:38:19 -0800
From:      Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   terminal color problems

I am new to bsd, having just come over from debian and redhat. It seems
to be a great operating system but a little daunting at times. I've got
a couple of questions that I need a little help with. I've searched for
the answers in the man pages and on google, but haven't been able to
solve my problems.

#1 I have some sort of termcap problem. My terminal in Xwindows doesn't
have color (xterm) when I use mutt or vim, but rxvt does. In the console,
muttrc colors don't work properly and when I'm in rxvt I don't have
color in vim, but I have color with vim in the console. ???  I'm sure
there's some easy solution to this but it's way beyond me. Also, my
backspace keys don't work properly in vim. Yet they work properly
otherwise.

I am using icewm, vim 6.0, Roland Rosenfeld's muttrc, modified for my
configuration.

#2. I have sound, but cdrom wont play cd's. Again I'm sure it's a
permission problem, but want to check with you guys on the right
permission for it.

thanks
dale