Date:      Tue, 02 Jan 1996 20:27:46 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mirror site maintainers!  Please check...

http://time.cdrom.com/freebsd/handbook/mirrors.html

and if your site is listed, please verify that it's listed _correctly_!

In some cases, a group of sites have been "mapped" into the
<dom>.freebsd.org namespace and one or more of the sites hasn't yet
arranged its ftp area to conform to the "pub/FreeBSD" standard syntax.

If you're a site maintainer for an FTP mirror in any of the following
domains:	au br de jp

Then please check to make sure that your site's FreeBSD distribution
tree is properly addressable under its alias of:

	ftp://ftp<n>.<dom>.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

Thanks!  I've tried to run through the list myself a few times, but
connectivity is so bad from the U.S. to most of the mirrors that I'd
be here for hours trying sites if I wanted to test them all.. :-(

						Jordan