Date:      Tue, 8 Mar 2005 06:58:54 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Ron Chen <ron_chen_123@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failed to compile Gridengine 6.0u3 on FreeBSD

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 07:11:15PM -0800, Ron Chen wrote:
> I just got access to a FreeBSD 5.3 box, and I find
> that Gridengine (SGE) fails to compile. (SGE 5.3p6 was
> OK on FreeBSD 4.x/5.x)
>=20
> I find that it is caused by pthread_t is undefined.
> For Linux, "sys/types.h" includes
> "bits/pthreadtypes.h", and thus it's OK - and other
> OSes are similar too.
>=20
> So I am wondering if it is a bug in FreeBSD, or if
> Gridengine really needs to include pthread.h to get
> pthread_t.

According to The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, this is indeed
a bug.  There should be no harm in also including pthread.h since
that is also required to define pthread_t identicaly to sys/types.h.
freebsd-threads is the appropriate place to raise this issue.

-- Brooks

--=20

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--