Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:37:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Mobile List)
Subject:   Why don't I see any output from PCMCIA configuration on bootup

	I am really pzzled. I have a laptop on 2.2.7 which uses a perl script
	to figure out what network it's on, and set up various (mostly network)
	paramters to suit. This perl script is called from the "insert" action
	of pccardd. It generates a certain amount of noise about what it is
	doing. This ouptut appears on the console dusring bootup.

	Now I have a second laptop, with 3.o on it. A simialr version of this
	script is also called from the "insert" action, however I do not see
	the output on the console. If I run pccardd manualy, I do see it.

	I looked around, and founde rc.pccard. At first I thought this was
	pointing me in the right dorection, when I found the redirection to
	/var/log/pcardd.debug. However this file is empty.

	I really want this information abck, can someone give me a clue as to
	where it is geting redirected, and how to get it back?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    843-745-3154
Westvaco