Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:48:13 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, freebsd-qa@cisco.com
Subject:   Changes to libfetch in 5.0 break proxy support?

I'm having a problem with fetch and libfetch in 5.0, and (given that I
currently have a bad cold), I'm hoping to get a cheap answer before I have
to start crawling through code.

In the 4.x days, I was able to set up an apache web proxy, and then export
FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=YES and HTTP_PROXY=<thehostoftheproxy>:80, and then go to
/usr/ports, and say, for instance "make all".

Everything would then download correctly, and go on happily.

Now, however, it appears that when I do this, the connection either times out,
or I get a file with the right name, but the contents are an HTML document
(wrapped to fit in 80 cols).

<HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0"
URL="ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/jed/v0.99/jed-B0.99-15.tar.gz">;
</HEAD><BODY></BODY></HTML>

I know the proxy is working, as my 4.x boxes still go through it happily.

Anyone have any ideas if something has broken, or whether its pilot error?

	-Brian