Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:39:32 +0000
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Total system freeze; usb / uhci / ulpt broken?

* Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net> [020218 13:13]:
> I've just applied the patch he mailed out on the 16th, to see if that helps
> and am rebuilding world and setting up a debug kernel to try to track
> it down a little more.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but thought I'd best mention the patchset caused me
big trouble - the kernel won't boot past detecting the USB card
(it finds the card, but hangs where it would normally detect ums and uplt)
- and booting with the older kernel, then trying usbdevs -v gives:

rasputin@shikima rasputin]$usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: I/O error
addr 2: I/O error
<snip>
addr 127: I/O error

No sign of the mouse or the printer on the system, and they're b0rken now...

> If you need to roll back a little, I'd try setting a 'date' flag on src-all in your
> supfile and rerunning that - preferably to some time before Friday,
> if you really need printing back pronto.

Hmm, good idea - I'll do that...
--
Honk if you hate bumper stickers that say "Honk if ..."
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::