Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:06:08 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>, Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make clean problem in 'biology'

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 06:35:52PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2000, Roland Jesse wrote:
>
> >Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org> writes:
> >
> >> How many times did i read 'use makeworld -k'??
> >
> >I wouldn't really vote in favour of `make -k world` as IMHO that might
> >leave the system in an inconsistend state.
>
> Well, that's true, but i culled this piece of knowledge from -current,
> where sometimes an inconsistent world is better than no world at all.
> At least the -k option applies to make clean, and that was what i was
> after.

Going back to the original problem, I may be wrong here but is ``make
clean'' failing due to an out of date /usr/ports/INDEX (a port is
listed in the biology section in the INDEX, but that port no longer
exists). ``cd /usr/ports ; make index'' will solve that one.
Personally though I find doing

	   # find /usr/ports -name work

and then cd(1)'ing to each found path (i.e. the parent of the found
work dir) and doing ``make clean'' there is faster, you don't end up
doing ''make clean'' in every port and it's dependencies.

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000