Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 08:07:41 -0500
From:      "John C. Place" <jcplace@ibm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.3 and FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 11:40:29PM -0500, Chris Johnson wrote:
> How did you start it? After you started it, did 'ps ax' show that it was

apachectl start, yes

> running? And if not, was there anything in the httpd error log to tell you why
> it didn't start?

No just said it was started, and resuming operations. Access_log is blank.

> Try starting it with the script /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh. If it doesn't
> start, check the httpd error log.

it is starting it just will not allow connections (that is the thing that
confusing) Like I said on other platforms after httpd is started it will
start serving docs.

> You can also run '/usr/local/sbin/apachectl
> configtest' to see if there are any errors in your configuration files, which
> is the most likely cause of its not starting.

Did that says setup is correct and I can verify that httpd is running.

Thanks for the reply.

John